Here We Flo: Keeping the Planet Clean in Life's Messiest Moments.
Here We Flo is a certified B-Corp and carbon neutral company, with bold business aims to tackle the messiest bodily moments in a plant-based, eco-friendly, but very cheeky, way.
In 2021, Here We Flo went bold with their ambitions by entering the inaugural Sky Zero Footprint Fund with the hopes to secure £1m of media value to advertise their sustainable initiatives.
Their goal was to harness the power & reach of TV advertising for the first time to meet some bad a$$ objectives including:
• Change the sanitary category forever & shift the perception of menstruation
• Build brand awareness & recognition
• Use their TV campaign to help get more retail distribution
• Increase their period product sales
• And, of course, to benefit the environment.
Our Sky Zero Footprint Fund judges agreed the brand offered people a simple, sustainable swap; & that TV could be a fundamental part of the step-change the brand & the planet needed.
Here We Flo teamed up with creative agency Hatch London to bring their period drama to life. The creative idea was to playfully recreate a deliberate & unashamed parody of a Bridgerton-esque Victoria era dinner setting to promote their natural & biodegradable sanitary products. Just as Here We Flo's bright packaging & humorous messaging brings periods out from the darkness, this approach defied the traditionally humourless & unrealistic adverting in this category.
Winning the Sky Zero Footprint Fund & airing its first TV ad has been transformational for challenger sanitary & sexual health brand Here We Flo:
• The media value backing helped open the door to conversations with new retailers and, since winning the Footprint Fund, the brand has extended its distribution in Superdrug.
• Here We Flo achieved some incredible industry recognition, with Marketing Week calling the advert "April's most effective TV ad" in 2022.
• During the TV campaign, Here We Flo saw their highest-ever website engagement with site visits +1,000% YoY.
Using a third-party research agency, BVA BDRC, an online brand uplift study was conducted to isolate the impacts of the two campaign bursts, which revealed positive brand lifts across all key metrics.
• Wave 1 saw a significant 50% increase in brand awareness amongst those exposed to the TV campaign (compared to non-viewers, unexposed) - surpassing Sky Media's own linear & VOD norms.
• Wave 2 saw spontaneous awareness 6x amongst Sky customers and prompted brand awareness +48% amongst the exposed.