Reckitt Benckiser wished to expand its customer base for E45 Cream, the UK's bestselling moisturiser for dry skin conditions.
When Performics took over management of www.e45.co.uk, it was apparent that the site was vastly under indexed and that the domain had been subject to penalisation as a result of Google's Penguin 2.0 algorithm, which was released in May 2013.
Following a notable reduction in organic traffic and visibility in 2013, E45 engaged Performics in Q2 2014 with the objectives of:
1) Reclaiming visibility for brand equity terms
2) Expanding visibility for core skin conditions, with a target of 7.58% Share of Voice
3) Deliver a minimum of organic 50,000 visits within 12 months
4) Minimum of +100% in the number of 1st Page Keywords on Google UK
Our strategy was to boost the overall organic visibility of the site through the following measures:
1. Technical SEO compliance
2. Content creation & opportunity
3. Offsite - Link building from relevant, high ranking sites.
At the end of January 2015, after 10 months of working with E45, we had the following results:
1) A 2,568% increase in www.e45.co.uk's brand equity, with a 32.28% share of voice for our tracked terms.
2) A 2,950% increase in share of voice for core skin conditions
3) Within 10 months, Performics delivered over 50,000 visits through organic search.
4) In January 2015, E45 had 120 unique keywords ranking of the 1st Page of Google UK, a 991% increase in total.
We exceeded all of our set objectives, while still overcoming a vast number of challenges, which included both vast technical flaws and algorithmic penalisations. We produced high quality, engaging content for a renowned, historical brand, increasing E45's online visibility.